In honor of my 30th birthday, here is the most important blog post I’ve ever written. Thank you for reading and being a part of my life.
These are my Life Rules. The ones you’ve heard me talk about for so long. The ones you’ve heard me preach when you’ve needed to hear them. The ones that you’ve quoted back at me when I’ve needed to hear them.
I like rules. They save you time. They give you structure. You can play by your own. You can break them.
Right now, you have rules that you live by. You might not even realize that you have these rules, but you do. Some of your rules you’d change if you knew they existed.
Every action we take is based on a hierarchy of our wants and needs. Most of the decisions we make are subconscious, meaning, we’ve already predetermined the course of action we’re going to take when a situation arises. This is good news and bad news, depending on how you look at it. The good news is that these decisions, these rules, are changeable… but only if you recognize them.
These are my Life Rules. Take time to read them and think about them. Learn from them and then make them your own so that Future You can achieve fulfillment, happiness, and success.
I hope these rules help your life as much as they have impacted mine.
Life Rules by Adventure PAUL
- Do nice things for Future You whenever possible.
- Just because people are looking at you doesn’t mean there’s a reason to be embarrassed.
- There’s always time to pee.
- You can’t choose your biggest fans, but you can appreciate them.
- Never compare yourself to anyone except Past & Future You.
- One person doesn’t know enough about your life that their opinion matters.
- If you want someone to recognize what you’ve done, show them.
- Accept compliments with a “thank you”.
- Do what you want.
- Help others first, not in exchange.
- Relationships can be long or short as long as they have a positive impact on your life.
- I can do anything.
- The words “I’m sorry” should only always come right before a reason for apologizing.
- Shadows of doubt have no business at the forefront of innovation.
- The world is very transparent now. Be clear along with it and let your light shine through.
- Save judgement for everyone else, and never listen to it.
- Lead with the things you do, not the things you say.
- We will never meet amazing people keeping to ourselves.
- Everything is personal. Don’t pretend otherwise.
- Be deliberate with your actions, but not obvious.
- Law of Friendship: If you meet a new friend, and then you don’t talk again for a year, you’ve been friends for 12 months. Treat them that way.
- There’s no “I told you so” in a partnership.
- Relationships are the most valuable thing in life.
- Never go back the same way you came.
- Choose adventure.
Thank you for reading.
Are you a friend of Adventure PAUL?
If so, use the form below to enter your name and e-mail and I’ll keep you up-to-date with important information and happenings over here and at Travel is Life. I reserve my e-mail messages for things of great importance. So you won’t hear from me too often, but you’ll be happy when you do. For daily updates, follow along on Facebook and Twitter. My Instagram is awesome too but it’s mostly photos and very few daily updates.