My birthday is coming up shortly and I’ve been reflecting on birthdays past.
- 5 years – Chuck E. Cheese’s birthday party. Everyone got tokens.
- 8 years – YMCA basketball and gymnasium activity party. Favorite gift: Don’t Break The Ice.
- 15 years – Ice-skating at the Asheville Civic Center.
- 18 years – With my best friends in Asheville.
- 19 years – Fraternity house parties at Chapel Hill. 19 beers posted up at the keg.
- 21 years – Sick in bed while my new friends in Thailand celebrated my birthday with a cookout.
- 25 years – My family in Asheville and Kris D over a sushi dinner. One beer.
One year later…
Now I’m in Los Angeles CA and am lucky to have some of my best friends living out here to celebrate my 26th birthday with in two days.
Although sorry guys if I cancel dinner on Sunday and send you pictures of me hang gliding.
My thoughts on turning 26 in other words…
Don’t become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific. — Zig Ziglar
You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong. — Warren Buffett
You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it. – Oprah Winfrey
Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. — Proverbs 16:31
Happy birthday to me. This year, Brandon Bradley was the first call at 2 days early. Congrats Brandon, you win your choice of my friendship forever or the cash equivalent of that prize.